New Release of Exigen ClaimCore Introduces Highly Configurable Tool for Claims Solution Design
“Claims management processes should be formed by an organization's best practices, not by rigid, off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all software,” says Rowshi Pejooh, Exigen Insurance’s VP, Product Development. If they are not, she says, insurers can’t match their claims data collection processes to their operational and customer service objectives. For this reason, EIS has introduced a powerful rules-driven enhancement to ClaimCore that allows insurers to configure claims user workspaces to their organization’s unique needs.
“Insurers are getting very focused on optimizing the claim experience and process with the emphasis on cost reduction and customer retention,” adds Jim Eva, claims product manager. With Claim Factory and ClaimCore’s embedded business process management engine, insurers can design and optimize their claims process to differentiate their customer claim experience from competitors.
Claim Factory utilizes Exigen Insurance Solutions’ unique “building block” design approach to provide complete reusability. All claims data fields are organized into building blocks that can be configured, extended and assembled to change existing or create new workspaces. With Claim Factory and ClaimCore’s embedded business process management engine, insurers can design and optimize their claims process to differentiate their customer claim experience from competitors.
Here are some of the important ways Claims Factory improves claims management:
- Business users can easily configure and build web-based claims workspaces for new and existing products and policies using “building blocks”
- Data-collection processes can be made more efficient and accurate
- Business rules and role-based permissions can be applied to all building blocks and functions
- Collaboration capability allows claims stakeholders to jointly design workspaces
- Extensive scripting capabilities accelerate training of new employees